The Journalist

The Student News Site of Glen Ridge High School

The Journalist

The Journalist

Polls

What is your favorite Pumpkin Spice item in the fall?

• Iced Pumpkin Cream Chai Tea Latte (27%, 23 Votes)
  • Pumpkin Spice candles (24%, 20 Votes)
  • Pumpkin Spice Oreos (18%, 15 Votes)
  • Pumpkin Spice donuts (18%, 15 Votes)
  • Pumpkin Spice gnocchi (6%, 5 Votes)
  • Pumpkin Spice goldfish (5%, 4 Votes)
  • Pumpkin Spice cream cheese (2%, 2 Votes)

Total Voters: 41

Loading ... Loading ...

“Anyone But You” Movie Review

Anyone but You is a rom-com movie released in late December 2023 and directed by Will Gluck. It revolves around the story of two people who initially can’t stand each other, but eventually fall in love. This movie is a loose adaptation of Shakespeare’s Much Ado About Nothing. This is a true romcom with lots of funny moments to laugh at, but also romance and drama.

The star actors are Syndey Sweeney and Glen Powell who have great chemistry throughout the movie. There were even rumors that these actors might have started to date in real life, which would’ve been a big deal since they are both presently engaged! However, Sydney Sweeney did confirm that they are just friends. I recognized some other actors in the movie who have been in different TV shows and movies I’ve previously watched, including Dermot Mulroney (Friends/New Girl/Shameless), Michelle Hurd (Gossip Girl), Darren Barnet (Never Have I Ever), and Hadley Robinson (Little Women). All these actors were so fun to watch together in the movie, and I thought they did a great job.

This movie takes place in beautiful Australia. It was so cool to see the cast adventuring to popular sites. There is a specifically cute scene filmed outside of the Sydney Opera House. I loved the summer vibe with the scenes on boats and beaches. There is even a cute reference to the iconic Titanic boat scene.

The plotline is well thought out, and I enjoyed watching their romance blossom. It’s one of those movies where you are rooting for the two main characters to be together the whole time, but they are arguing about silly things. Overall, I thought it was a super cute movie, and I would recommend it to anyone who loves a feel-good love story, especially the hopeless romantics.