Football Looks Towards the Rest of Their Season

Jack Bronstein, Sports Editor

The Glen Ridge High School football team has faced an extremely difficult and demanding schedule to start off their 2019 season. With opponents such as Malcolm X Shabazz High School, Weequahic, and Cedar Grove, the opening month for this team was not easy. Despite this, our players have been resilient and competed hard each and every game. Even though the group had a 1-3 record to start off the month of October, there are many encouraging signs that have players optimistic moving forward. 

In fact, they have never been as excited as they are right now. Two senior captains are returning from injury this month. Quarterback Ben Bronstein is coming back to the field after missing one game vs. Cedar Grove. Also returning to the field is wide receiver and outside linebacker Jackson Crutchfield, who played for the first time all season on October 5th

In addition to the captains’ returns, another thing that many are excited about is the upcoming schedule of easier opponents. Bronstein says that overall, the team is now “limiting mistakes and moving forward as one.” Crutchfield similarly describes how the team is “looking to turn this season around.” He said that “this week will be a pivotal point in a winnable game. It’s the difference between starting a winning streak or continuing with this losing streak.”