The Journalist

The Student News Site of Glen Ridge High School

The Journalist

The Journalist

Polls

What is your favorite Pumpkin Spice item in the fall?

• Iced Pumpkin Cream Chai Tea Latte (27%, 23 Votes)
  • Pumpkin Spice candles (24%, 20 Votes)
  • Pumpkin Spice Oreos (18%, 15 Votes)
  • Pumpkin Spice donuts (18%, 15 Votes)
  • Pumpkin Spice gnocchi (6%, 5 Votes)
  • Pumpkin Spice goldfish (5%, 4 Votes)
  • Pumpkin Spice cream cheese (2%, 2 Votes)

Total Voters: 41

Loading ... Loading ...

Twin Willows Par 3 Golf Course- Catering to Both Beginners and Seasoned Players!

Nestled in Lincoln Park, NJ, Twin Willows Par 3 Golf Course isn’t just a golf spot – it’s a family treasure it’s where passion meets skill.
Nestled+in+Lincoln+Park%2C+NJ%2C+Twin+Willows+welcomes+golf+fans+of+all+levels+with+a+well-kept+10-hole+course%2C+a+215-yard+range%2C+and+practice+spots.+
Nestled in Lincoln Park, NJ, Twin Willows welcomes golf fans of all levels with a well-kept 10-hole course, a 215-yard range, and practice spots.

Previously a multi-purpose country club, Twin Willows Par 3 Golf Course is a family-owned and operated business that provides customers with an extraordinary golf experience. This course in Lincoln Park, owned by Jeff Ward, is a welcoming hub with a well-maintained course, blending Mr. Ward’s golf expertise with fun for a passion-filled experience. In addition to the perfectly maintained 10-hole course, customers can take advantage of the 215-yard range or various practice areas. Twin Willows also offers a variety of coaching sessions. From long-distance shots to putting, you can improve on all aspects of golf here. 

Twin Willows’s current owner and operator, Jeff Ward, runs the facility with his wife Nicole. Mr. Ward was born into a family of golfers and owned his clubs at age two. As his career progressed, he went on to play golf in high school and at the Division 1 College of William & Mary. He is a US Kids certified instructor with a passion for golf and has led many juniors to a successful golf career. Darren Funabashi, the head of beautification at Twin Willows, is in charge of making sure the course and facilities look nice and are kept well. He has worked with this organization for almost nine years and has been producing outstanding results since his joining. Having over 30 years of experience in horticulture—nature cultivation, floral design, and plant management—Mr. Funabashi keeps everything looking brand new. 

Goals that this establishment has for the future include incorporating indoor areas for bad weather days, expanding the property, and broadening its shop inventory. However, like many businesses, Twin Willows Par 3 Golf Course faced challenges during the COVID-19 pandemic. The need for social distancing led to a reduction in capacity at any time, demonstrating a commitment to customer safety and well-being. 

“Our biggest challenge is probably our location,” says Mr. Ward. Twin Willows is accessible mainly through backroads, therefore gaining less attraction. Despite this, the allure of the course and the dedication of its staff have kept patrons returning continuously. 

In essence, Twin Willows Par 3 Golf Course embodies the Ward family’s dedication to creating a warm and skillful haven for golf enthusiasts. With a meticulously maintained course and Jeff Ward’s expertise, it stands as a nurtured legacy where passion, expertise, and familial warmth meet for an unparalleled golfing experience.