The Journalist

The Student News Site of Glen Ridge High School

The Journalist

The Journalist

Polls

What is your favorite Pumpkin Spice item in the fall?

• Iced Pumpkin Cream Chai Tea Latte (27%, 23 Votes)
  • Pumpkin Spice candles (24%, 20 Votes)
  • Pumpkin Spice Oreos (18%, 15 Votes)
  • Pumpkin Spice donuts (18%, 15 Votes)
  • Pumpkin Spice gnocchi (6%, 5 Votes)
  • Pumpkin Spice goldfish (5%, 4 Votes)
  • Pumpkin Spice cream cheese (2%, 2 Votes)

Total Voters: 41

Loading ... Loading ...

Best Films of 2023

As we are getting to the end of the year, it’s always good to stop and look back on what we have accomplished in the past. 2023 was a great year for films, and we’re going to look back at all the great films made this year.

Barbie

Barbie was a hugely popular movie that was released on July 21, 2023. Starring Margot Robbie,  It made over 1.442 billion USD and brought tons of popularity back to the Barbie doll industry.

The Little Mermaid

The Little Mermaid was a remake of the original animated film The Little Mermaid. It was a huge success and captivated audiences of many ages. It was released on May 26, 2023, and made over 569 million worldwide.

Blue Beetle

Blue Beetle was a movie based on a superhero from a comic book series. Produced by DC Studios, it made over $128.6 million worldwide. It was released on August 18, 2023.

Are you there God? It’s me, Margaret.

Are you there God? It’s Me, Margaret is a movie based on the bestseller by Judy Blume. It was released on April 28, 2023. Never in theaters, it only made about $21 Million. 

Super Mario Bros Movie

The Super Mario Bros Movie was a movie based on characters from the hit video games involving Mario and his friends. It was released on April 5, 2023, and made a little over 1.36 billion USD. It broke the record for the highest-earning film based on a video game, and biggest opening weekend for an animated film. 

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse was the sequel to Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, and continued the legacy of Spiderman. Released on May 30, 2023. Having been delayed from its original April 2022 theatrical release date due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it made over 690.5 million worldwide, 

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 continued the Guardians of the Galaxy series, being the third released. It was released on May 5, 2023, and made over 845.6 million USD, making it the second-highest earning for a Guardians of the Galaxy movie.

Oppenheimer

Oppenheimer, with a production budget of 100 million, made over 950.2 million USD, making it a resounding success. It was released on July 21, 2023.

Scream VI

Scream VI, the sixth extension in the Scream series, was a huge success. It made over 169 million USD, making it one of the highest-earning Scream films. It was released on March 10, 2023.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem 

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem, a sequel to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles TV show, came out on August 2, 2023, and made over 180.5 million USD, which when compared to its low budget, made it a large success for the industry.